TEN GREAT REASONS TO BUY A HOME IN 2013
- Quality of life – a home provides stability and security for you and your loved ones, and membership within a community of neighbors.
- Pride of home ownership – a home is a personal haven, a place that you can decorate, shape, and share over time because it’s yours.
- Excellent affordability – lower home prices combined with low interest rates means there are tremendous opportunities for buyers.
- Historically low interest rates – around 4.5 percent in the U.S. gives better purchasing power to those who qualify.
- Appreciation potential – your home investment can grow in value.
- Equity buildup and debt pay down – homeowners enjoy an average net worth of approximately $184,000 vs. $4,000 for renters.
- Leverage – where else can you buy an investment of this magnitude with 5-10 percent down?
- Tax deduction advantages – property tax and mortgage interest write-offs.
- Tax exemption – up to $500,000 per married couple or $250,000 per person on sale of a primary residence in the United States.
- The real cost of renting – at $800 per month, with the average 6 percent rental increase per year, you will pay$126,536 over a 10-year period but have zero ownership of the property.